What is Block Watch?
Attend a Block Watch information session. Our 2017 dates are below.
Next sessions to be held on the third Tuesday of every month at 57 Cadillac Avenue:
January 17th, February 21st, March 21st, April 18th, May 16th, June 20th, September 19th, October 17th, November 21st
@ 7:00 PM
57 Cadillac Avenue
How does Block Watch work?
Block Watch is a neighbour-helping-neighbour program. Residents on a block form a communication chain aided by a block map of names, numbers and addresses. They watch out for each other's homes and report suspicious activity to the police and to each other to reduce the likelihood of residential crime. The Block Watch Office provides information to area Captains through callouts from the police.
Guidelines are now available on line for the program, as well as volunteer task descriptions for all participants. Getting Started.
What are the benefits?
- Increased communication;
- Information on how to mark personal property;
- Crime prevention tips on how to better protect your home;
- Discounts on home insurance are available (5%-15%);
- Protective window decals;
- Access to current crime statistics;
- In most cases, a general reduction in crime; and
- A greater sense of safety among residents.
Who Do I Contact?