Steps for Block Organization
- Attend a Block Watch information session. This is our first step in becoming a Captain or just getting some more information about the program. Please RSVP in case of schedule changes and so we can prepare for number of participants. Our 2017 dates are below. All sessions are held on the third Tuesday of the month at 57 Cadillac Avenue:
- Complete Application & Criminal Record Check applications - (NO canvassing until application is accepted).
- When your application is accepted, attend the above noted meeting and receive your canvassing package.
- Canvass your neighbours, follow the guidelines provided from your orientation evening.
- Complete a Map and Participant List (50% participation required).
- All participants have an opportunity to complete engraving with provided engraver.
- Call or email Block Watch Office for first Block Watch Meeting (provide 3 weeks notice).
- First meeting:
(i) Hosted by Block Captain/Co-Captain;
(ii) Distribute maps and BW decals to all participants.
(ii) Police Officer will attend, and show a short Block Watch DVD, and answer questions.
(iv) After the first meeting the Block Captain's main task is to act as communication link the Block Watch Office and your participants, as outlined on the task description.
The Block Watch program requires that blocks hold annual meetings to remain active in the program.