To report a crime you can either call 911 if it is an emergency, 250-475-4321 if it is not an emergency or attend our front counter at anytime. We are always open.
When reporting a driving complaint or suspected impaired driver please note the following:
- Time and date
- Vehicle description
- Licence plate number
- Number of occupants
- Description of driver and occupants
- Road and weather conditions
- What you saw
- Direction of travel
It is important to remember that when calling the police via 911 or our non-emergency number to please answer all the questions that our call takers ask, because those questions might be vital pieces of information for our attending officers.
Guide to writing a statement
- Write your statement when you are calm and clear. Remember your statement may become a court document.
- Do not collaborate on your statement with other witnesses or family members. Make it your own account.
- Be accurate; if you are not sure of some detail make sure you say that.
- Always provide the date, time and location of the incident you are reporting.
- Provide as much detail as possible. Consider what you saw, heard, smelled, tasted, felt, etc.
- When describing a person take note of physical descriptors such as age, height, weight, hair and eye colour, scars or tattoos and clothing description.
- Sign and date your statement and always keep a copy for yourself.
- Your written statement should NOT include your address, phone number or date of birth.